For this assignment, create a simple polygonal model using a REAL object as a reference.
- Find a real world reference. This could be images from the web or photos of an actual object.
- Create reference images of the side, front and top views of the object either by drawing or photographing the object.
- Before you start modeling anything, create a Maya project folder. (File > Project Window)
- Your maya scene files (.ma) will be saved in
Reference images will go in
In Maya, Image Planes are to be used to display the reference images.
- Create a Free Image Plane for each reference image
- Position and scale the image planes so that their images are aligned.
What to submit?
- Zip up the whole maya project folder, and submit the zip file.
- Render out a turntable, upload it to Vimeo, and submit the link to the video.